9.21.2008

Fall Fun

This weekend was Harvest Days. Craft fair, fried foods, carnival, and a parade (why is it when I make these little lists, I always want to end them with an 'oh my'?).

Last year, Evan rode the four wheeler kiddie ride over and over and over again, with a few breaks to go down the slide in between. This year, he graduated to bigger and faster rides (while taking breaks on the kiddie rides).
He rode the Tilt-A-Whirl, the bumper cars, and the swings. And, of course, the slide.
The Cub Scouts had a float, and Dylan and I rode the float today. We had fun riding on the float, even though we did miss most of the parade. The boys made a campfire, and a giant smore (the white thing by the flag). They pretended to roast marshmallows, and a couple boys passed out candy to the people watching the parade.

Grandma, Grandpa and Cody watched from the sidelines, and waved when they saw us.

I didn't see anything that I really had to have at the craft fair, except the cutest handmade wooden drying rack that would look simply awesome in my bathroom. It was $75, and I didn't have the money. The booth that had it has just some of the best woodworking things that I've ever seen, and I am determined to actually buy something next year (I say this every single year). Next year, if he has the drying rack, I'm buying it. Really, I mean it.

The boys got some cheap toys, and they won inflatables at the carnival, and Rosie got a wubba (I've been looking for one- she absolutely loves it), and I got three new italian charms for my bracelet. We ate a lot of fried foods, and did a lot of walking, and I'm trying to figure out how walking can possibly cause my shoulders to hurt.

The boys don't have school tomorrow, which is a good thing. They need a day to relax after this weekend's festivities. And then on Tuesday, I'll get my day to relax from this weekend's festivities.

No comments: