4.02.2005

The Hardest Layout


The Hardest Layout Posted by Hello

There isn't too much that I can say about this- I just wanted to share it. Emma and Ethan are twin angel babies- Ethan passed a few months ago and Emma passed away this week. No parent should have to live with the death of their child. I cried while I was creating this layout and I can only hope that when their mother sees it, she'll understand that even if I said the wrong thing, I said it in the right context.

I chose that particular song, 'My Heart Will Go On' by Celine Dion, because of something that happened years ago. When my great grandmother died, I was in college. After I received the phone call, I packed my bags, and went to tell my boss at work that I wouldn't be in that week. Because I had to go to Walmart before leaving town, I chose to drive over there. When I got in the car, this song was playing. I changed the station. It was playing on that station. I changed it again- and again, that song was playing. After talking to my boss, I went to Walmart. Every station was playing that song. Every. Single. One. Yes, it was a popular song at the time- but someone wanted me to hear it. Someone wanted me to listen to it. I like to think that it was my great grandmother who wanted me to hear it. I plan on writing a letter to Emma and Ethan's mommy, something to tuck behind my layout in her book, explaining why I chose that song. I hope she understands.

Thank you to Michelle Underwood for creating the page kit that I used here. Her Shades of Sweetness kit is available at Scrapbook-Elements.

No comments: