4.13.2005

Show Them Off!

Mother's Day is creeping up on us. I love my mother, my mother in law, and my grandmother to pieces, but I'm tired of the traditional card and flowers gifts. Yuck. This year, I'm going for something a little different- personalized brag books.



Brag book for Meemaw Posted by Hello

This book was really simple to make. I used a 6x6 gatefold ringbound album from K&Co's Life's Journey collection (one of the plain ones- not one of the predecorated ones). Then, I removed the cover, and covered it with paper from Basic Grey's Dawson Collection. I added a tag from that collection, using black and white polka dotted ribbon from Walmart for the tie. I then used the letter stickers from the Dawson Collection to add a title to the album, a year, and the initials of my three boys. Once the cover was back on, I went and choose a series of layouts for this album (I removed three pages from the album so that I have a total of 26 pages before putting the cover back on). I chose 26 of my most recent layouts for this project, printed them out at 6x6, and placed them in the book. Then I wrote some basic information about the layout on the back of the page.

Digital scrapbooking makes completing beautiful handmade albums so easy and simple... without it looking easy and simple. You don't have to decorate your album- there are many predecorated albums that are absolutely gorgeous out there. Just print out some of your favorite layouts, place in the album, and voila! A beautiful handmade gift for those special women in your life.

Brag books come in all shapes and sizes- one of my favorites was recently shared on a mailing list. A member shared images of her tag books- small, laminated digital layouts attached to a lanyard. She made them for her daughters, but they would make great portable brag books for grandmothers.

So- I challenge you to go out and create a brag book for one of the mothers in your life.

No comments: