8.18.2005

*Proud*

Yep- I'm proud. Very proud. Insanely proud. I don't do this often- most of the time, I tend to doubt myself too much, but this time- I'm going to be proud and toot my own horn, so to speak.

I've been a busy little beaver the past couple of weeks, and I managed to get FOUR new kits added to the store today. Yay! Some weeks, I'm lucky if I get two kits added, lol!

I really really really like this kit. It's called Summer's End- and it's a really neat combination of oranges, greens, yellows, and reds. It's probably a little on the girly side, but considering that the other kits that were added this morning are more boyish than anything, I don't really care. I think that it looks good, imho.

I took this picture a few weeks ago, with the intent to scrap it and talk about how my parents have all this space at the farm, and my boys chose to play in the mud puddle in the middle of the driveway. I hadn't done anything with the picture, because I just wasn't in a layout mood. But- I just had to do something with this kit, and I don't always feel like saying that. (It's that self doubt thing that I really need to get over.)

I'm working on getting over my self doubt. It's not really a good thing to have- because second guessing myself could possibly hurt me. I just need to sit back, and think 'hey- if I feel like it's done, then it's done.' Otherwise, the kit just keeps getting bigger... and bigger... and bigger. It's not really an 'excitement' thing- it's a 'will this be worth it for my customers?' I'm not longer willing to sell myself short- I put a lot of hours and blood sweat and tears into my work, and I want to get paid for it.

It's a good feeling when you can look at a completed kit and go 'Damn, I'm good.' I wish that I could do that all the time.

Because, ya know, damn- I'm good.

1 comment:

Trish said...

The kit, the photo, and the LO are all GREAT!!!