8.09.2005

Newsflash: We're Allowed To Complain!

Why is it when someone complains about a site or designer, that someone invariably has to come along and defend said site and designer?

I'm not talking about the polite conversation- the one where people say 'I don't see that' and leave it at that- I'm talking about the people who flame someone for not liking their favorite site- the people who say nasty things because they take complaints personally.

We should be allowed to voice our opinions. We should be able to say that we aren't happy about something without being flamed for it.

The site can only control what is said on their message boards and mailing lists (if they have them- not all do). They- and their members- can not control what is said on other message boards and mailing lists.

People are going to form opinions based on their experiences. If my experience with a site is negative, then I'm going to use my right to not visit said site. I may or may not complain about it to someone else. This is my right. Nobody can control this- but me. Don't assume that just because your experience with a site is a positive one that everyone has had a positive experience with that same site.

And definitely don't try to change my mind. It won't work. Let me- and everyone else- complain without the whole 'bashing bandwagon' thing. Maybe- just maybe- the site isn't all that you think it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i just went through this. The owner of the company i was complaining (and others) about bad customer service threated us with slader lawsuits. Nope sorry i can complain and tell people if you have bad customer service.... The world is crazy i tell you