7.08.2006

My Lessons For The Week

First up- I finally got around to starting the photo blog. Yay me! It took my three days, but I finally found my memory stick (on the laundry room floor, of all places). Lesson learned: If your camera has no internal memory and therefore will not work without a memory stick, do not leave the camera within reach of your kids. Or just buy a camera with an internal memory.

Let's back up a few days. We had fun on Tuesday. We ate a lot, and we played a lot. We took the boys to see the fireworks that night. Dylan and Cody spent more time playing on the school's playground equipment than they did watching the fireworks, but that's ok. Evan, on the other hand, is terrified of fireworks. TERRIFIED. He spent the entire show with his head pressed up against my boob and his hands covering his ears. He didn't cry, but he refused to sit anywhere that wasn't Mommy's Lap. Lesson learned: Don't wear a white shirt around kids who are terrified of fireworks and who also have chocolate on their hands. Also- chocolate is a bitch to get out of white shirts.

On Wednesday, I fell. Hard. I slipped on a wet floor and landed on a tote. My back hurt, all day long. I had a hard time sleeping, because it hurt every time that I rolled over onto my right side. I woke up Thursday morning with a huge bruise on my right side from it. When I woke up Friday morning, that bruise was a dark red, almost black. It's still a dark red, and I keep telling myself that it's getting lighter. I think it's wishful thinking, though. Lesson learned: Crocs have no traction whatsoever on wet floors.

Yesterday, the cable guy came to replace our DVR. Yay! Now we are able to record two shows at once! And create series recordings! No more having to double check how long Lost is on, and miss the last five minutes of the show because I goofed! Lesson learned: The cable guy will make you wait all day long just to spite you, and they still won't have everything that you asked for ready. I think that they get a kick out of this...

This morning: After waiting all day for the cable guy to show up yesterday, I figured that it would be afternoon before he showed up with our new cable modem today. Yeah- it was 9am when he knocked on our door. NINE in the MORNING. Luckily, I was dressed, and I had just gotten the kids dressed. The desk hadn't been cleaned off, so it was still a mess from last night. Lesson learned: It costs $100 for the cable guy to come in, unhook your old modem, and hook up your new modem. Can we say RIP OFF? We could have done this ourselves!

No comments: