9.30.2006

Grasshoppers, Soccer, And The Playground

I haven't been around much lately. It seems like I've been on the go constantly, but when I look back at what I've done these last few weeks, it doesn't look like much.

So- today I'm sharing pictures. All but the first one were taken today. The first one was taken a few days ago- I'm sharing it because I think it's really cool.

This little guy lives in our backyard. He spends time sitting on our back fence (there was a pink blanket sitting on it when I took this picture), and he's been chased by Rosie. I love the contrast between the pink and the green in this picture and I'm loving the detail that I managed to get with my camera. Can I just tell you that it's so nice to have a really nice digital camera?

Now- for today's activities. Today Cody played his second game of soccer this season. We're back to where we were last fall- he doesn't want to run and play the game with the other kids. I have a ton of action shots of the other kids on his team, and him just moping along in the background. The thing is- he really likes soccer and really likes to play soccer. He's just too shy to actually play the game on the field. So- we're going to work on that.

I call this one 'Dazed.' Sometimes I wonder about my son... This one was taken right after this one...






I love this picture, however. I think it turned out great, and you can't tell that I was all the way across the field from him when it was taken. It also doesn't look like a soccer picture.

Sometimes, you just don't want to hear what they're saying... I'm not sure what she was saying, but I thought that this was hilarious, especially since Cody doesn't like girls (and apparently, this little girl has a crush on Cody).

He spent the entire game playing defense (can't imagine why....). He was even goalie during one quarter...

Yep- he spent most of his time as goalie inspecting the net.

After soccer, we played on the playground for awhile, which is where I got this shot of Dylan:

He surprised me with this one (because I'm not sure that I would have let him do it if I had caught him doing it in the first place).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tagged ya - you can play or not, doesn't worry me but I know you blog more often than not so i picked u as one of my 5.
http://www.scrapbook {AT} com/blogs/84635/view/34961.html

great pics by the way, soccer mom