5.10.2005

Random Thoughts

I don't do this all that often (except to gush about my favorite designers- both of whom are really awesome people), but I'm going to do it now.

If you haven't done it yet- go check out The Digi Chick. Need more convincing? Check this out...


My boys, being silly. Posted by Hello

Click on the layout for a larger view. I went on a shopping spree this weekend. I bought kits and paper packs and I'm just in digital heaven over here. One of my absolute favorite purchases was the paper pack that I used to make this layout. I love the colors! The paper pack is the Grandma paper pack by Holly McCaig (aka: the Digi Chick). Ok- enough being ultra-gushy. Moving on...


It's Prom season around here. You have to see this dress! My sister in law looks awesome in it.


My sister in law in her prom dress. Posted by Hello

Layouts don't have to be complicated. The real star of this layout is my sister in law- not the elements and papers used. Sometimes, you just have to opt for simple. Nothing flashy, nothing fancy- just a nice, clean background with simple accents. The font in the title of this layout is Plumero Script (love it).

I'm participating in a layout challenge for a private board this month. Last month- I sucked. Didn't even come close to reaching my goal. So far this month, I'm doing pretty good. Unfortunately, the challenge is for a primarily paper scrapping board. I know that I won't have as many points as the other ladies participating, because most of the points are based on things that I don't use like corner rounders and Basic Grey. Doesn't stop me from participating.

This challenge has me considering starting up one of my own over at Pages of the Heart. It's fun- and you get to show off your stuff. I'm actually kinda happy about the idea- I've been drawing complete blanks on how to get my team motivated and involved, but in the last two weeks, I've managed to come up with not only one idea, but two (and the second idea would be great for site members as well- get everyone involved). I'll have to think about this one some more, work out the details...

No comments: