6.11.2006

The Indianapolis 500 Was Held In My House Last Night

But before I get to that, I am going to address the chameleon. Yes- we have a chameleon. His (her? not about to figure out how to check that one out) name is Frankie and he's now back in his cage. Not happily, but he's there. I really have no problem holding or touching him, but he wasn't too happy with me when I found him the day after he escaped. Most likely because I was putting him back in his cage.

Now- on to the races. Mike has almost decided that we'll be keeping another kitten, as well as Pumpkin. This one is an almost all black cat (he has a teeny tiny white bib and his belly is white), and his name is Monkey. Mike won't let me name him Pie so that I can have a Pumpkin and a Pie, but oh well. Monkey is a good kitty name, too.

Anyway- there's also Moo (black and white) and Creamsicle (orange and white tabby). All boys. They sleep all day long, and then come evening, they start wrestling practice. It's funny to watch. I've seen Monkey stand up on his hind legs and actually leap into the air to land on top of one of the other two cats. I've seen Pumpkin, Creamsicle and Monkey wrestle each other... at the same time.

From wrestling practice, we move on to hide and seek. All but one will hide and as the one not hiding walks by these hiding places, he gets attacked by the ones hiding- or, if he's lucky, he'll see them before they see him and he'll attack.

From hide and seek, it's on to the Indianapolis 500, held in my very own house. They start in my bedroom, on my bed, jump off the bed, run out the door, go down the hallway, into the living room, jump on the couch, jump off the couch, go down the hallway, back to my room and up on my bed. And repeat. And repeat. And repeat. If I didn't shut my door at night, they'd do this all night long.

I am becoming a crazy cat lady. I talk to the cats, get a huge kick out of them following me all around the house, and in the evenings, when I'm sitting on the couch watching tv, I usually have two on my lap, one at my shoulder, and one next to me on the couch.

My computer hasn't been fixed yet, I'm hoping for sometime in the next week or so. I miss my keyboard- the keys don't stick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! My husband and I want a cat (at least one...) so bad, but since we're still living in student housing, no pets are allowed. I can't wait for the day we buy a house... cause soon we'll be getting a kitty!