6.22.2006

Where Has He Been?

The other day Mike comes up to me and says 'You have a blog?' I turn and look at him as if he has three heads and say 'Where the hell have you been for the last year?'

I know that I've mentioned it to him. I'm pretty sure that I told him that I had one, or mentioned it in passing, or something. He told me that he found out from his mom. I laughed at that one- Mike is the king of selective hearing, and he most likely selectively didn't hear 'I changed my blog template today' or 'I put an ad up on my blog for the CT call' or 'Let me finish this blog entry before....'

So- yeah. I'm thinking that he just doesn't pay attention to me or something...

So- I got paid and I bought those neato swirly brushes from 2peas on Tuesday. Oh my gosh, I love them! They're great! I'm horrible at making really cool chunky swirlies, so I have to rely on other people's really cool chunky swirlies.

Then- I hit Scrap Artist's sale. Picked up Carriage House and Redemption and Element Essentials by Iron Orchid Designs and Fresh Start Tool Kit by Dianne Rigdon (for the to die for gotta get my grubby little paws on it brush that she uses in her previews). Then I hit Jen Wilson and bought some element packs (don't ask me to remember their names- I didn't look, lol!). I spent the afternoon creating two new layouts with my schtuff. *So happy*

Look- I already use that to die for brush by Dianne.

I didn't know IOD before I lost my internet. What a nice little surprise to come back to. Really awesome papers, and I'm loving the Element Essentials pack thingy that I got today. But... for some odd reason, I keep getting their name wrong in my head. I don't say Iron Orchid, I say Iron Orchard. I'm kinda glad that I don't normally type out Iron Orchid Designs, because let's face it, it would be rather embarassing to type what my mind insists on saying. Orchid, Orchid, Orchid.

Oh- something else that I love about this layout. The title. I had bought this font awhile back and hadn't really played with it. The font is LHF Boston Truckstyle. And I just went to their site and saw a font that I really really really really really want to own and alas- it won't be available until July. *pout* So- while I'm waiting for English Rose, I'm going to oogle the fonts there. Like this one: Sarah Script. Would look good in chipboard... Or Sophia Script (a nice alternate for Susie's Hand on layouts). I love Letterhead fonts- so worth the money. But then again, I am a font addict. *big cheesy grin*

In my best Conan OBrien voice (I'm probably spelling his name wrong, but oh well): I'm agonna go to hell when I die. (unfortunately I can't do the amazing bouncing hair thing the same way that he does...)

Since I know that my mother in law reads this (Hi Vicky), I know that the next time that I see her, I'll be a dead woman. But- I don't care. I got a kick out of this layout. And, to be fair, she knew that I took her picture and knew that there was a possibility of this happening, so I'm not totally to blame here.

And with that- I say good night. It's so freaking hot in the bedroom and Mike is like a furnace that I had to get out of that room and sit in air conditioning for awhile. Hopefully I'm tired enough now that I'll get to sleep. So- I'm going to go point the fan directly at my side of the bed and try to fall asleep.

No comments: