9.24.2005

Professional

You can't judge whether a person is professional or not based simply on their credentials. While those who do have formal artistic training do very well at this business, there are those of us who do not have that training.

Am I to think that I'm any less of a professional than those who have a graphic arts degree? Nope- not going to happen. I've been doing this for the past three years. I've been selling for two years. There is a huge difference between the first layout that I designed in 2002 and the one that I designed yesterday. Huge difference. We're talking night and day.

And the thing is- this is true of almost every single digital scrapbooker that I know. We learn. We get better at our hobby. No matter what your style is, it will evolve over the years.

The same goes for digital kit makers. Hold on- going to hunt down some pictures for you. Ready? (I can't believe that I'm even admitting this.)

This is Baby Bug. It's one of the first kits that I offered for sale (not the first, but one of them). Oh, my gosh. FOUR backgrounds? ONE tag? *Blushing* It's small- like, really teeny tiny! How freaking EMBARASSING!

But you can still buy this at POTH DSS. Ya know, if you really, really like it.



Now- check this kit out. This is my latest upload to POTH DSS- Tracey Lee's A Boy's Life. This kit has 11 backgrounds, ribbons, ric rac, brads, eyelets/grommets, an alpha, and other stuff. Compared to Baby Bug, it's freaking huge.

Oh- and this one is also available at POTH DSS, for $6 (hey, it's my blog, and I'll advertise if I want to).

Looking at kits like Baby Bug, I wouldn't call myself a 'professional'. But- look how far I've come in the past two years! A more varied color scheme, the elements are realistic (and usable), I like the ABL patterns more than the BB patterns.

While I don't know what other people think of me (comments welcome), I do know that I view myself as a professional. I take this stuff seriously. A professional is constantly learning- they go back to school and keep up with the current trends.

No comments: