5.02.2006

Seven Stitches And One Helluva Black Eye

Kindergarten brawl over the water fountain? Nope. What happens when you tackle a porcupine? Guess again. What happens when you smart mouth your mother? Ok, now that one was a little harsh, and NO it did not happen.

This is what happens when you add slip on wet floors at a fish store. You get seven stitches and one helluva black eye.

I knew- KNEW- that Cody was accident prone. The kid is just like me, in that aspect. I'm starting to understand why my mother didn't want to take me places when I was his age- she was afraid that someone would call DCFS on her.

I spent yesterday evening in a panic- I wanted to be there, but knew that it was ridiculous for me to even drive to the hospital (forty minutes away), when I knew that all that I would do is make him nervous. He did great- told them that it didn't hurt, even when they were putting the stitches in. He's just like his father- things like this don't bother him. Although I'm still trying to figure out the child that screams 'it's broken!' when he scrapes his knee, yet wasn't bothered by them putting stitches on his face (near his eye, no less).

But- he's fine. I'm keeping him home from school today, just because he had a hard day yesterday. Tomorrow, he'll go to school and then to Wal*mart with Aunt Sam. What is bothering him is two things- first, he wants to know why Daddy couldn't take Dylan with him to the pet store and second, he's upset that he might not get to play in his first soccer game on Saturday (we're still going). I told him that he's lucky. When I was his age, I stepped on a piece of glass and ended up with something like six stitches in the bottom of my foot. I couldn't walk, couldn't go to school, had to crawl to the bathroom. I spent a week on the couch, watching TV. I didn't bother to tell him that scars add character and it's quite possible that some girl is going to swoon over his scar (hey, I still think that Mike's scar on his eyebrow is sexy).

Other than that- things are ok. The Ultimate Digi Scrapper contest started last night. I have one layout done, but am working on another. I know that I can only submit one, but I'm going to go with the best out of the two. I couldn't choose between two pictures- so I'm doing them both. 370 some odd people signed up for this. Over 170 will be eliminated after the first round, leaving an even 200. I'm hoping that I'm one of those two hundred. Screw the challenge aspect- I want to win!

4 comments:

Val said...

OMG Tracey! That poor kid! He sure is gonna look like the tough kid on the block ;)

Anonymous said...

wow that does look nasty! he's very lucky , it being so close to his eye and all. i'm accidnet prone too - mum alsways wondered why i had to run into every wall, coffee table etc in site. i'm still like that now! good luck in the Ultimate comp.

Anonymous said...

Oh poor kid! Hope he's fine now, Tracey!

Anonymous said...

poor dear! looks so painful!
hugs!
~marie