4.30.2006

Pot, Meet Kettle

Let me introduce you to two of the men in my life.

First- there's my dad. I love my dad, I really do. But he has horrible follow through. It's an on going joke that when he says he'll do something, he means a week (or more) later. I know this. I understand this. I lived with that man for twenty years and am used to it.

Then- there's Mike. I love Mike, I really do. But he's about a reliable when it comes to following through on what he says he'll as my dad is. Mike is also easily distracted, which is why his family has gotten into the habit of telling us that something starts an hour before it actually does.

Remember my post from Thursday about being Supermom? Remember how Supermom was supposed to be learning how to put up drywall yesterday? Did I mention that it was my dad who was supposed to be helping me out with that? Yeah- I'm sure that you can see where this is going.

Saturday morning, I talked to my mom and she said that Dad wouldn't be able to do it because- and I quote- 'he's dragging today'. I was told that he'd do it today. I shrugged it off- I had a feeling that he would say something like that.

Mike came home last night and asked about it. I told him that it wasn't done. Mike got upset! Not pissed off upset, but huffy 'figures' upset. It was all that I could do to NOT laugh my ass off at him. I mean, hello?!? If Mike had, oh, I don't know, put the drywall up back in October, LIKE HE SHOULD HAVE, we wouldn't be sitting here in May with three very large sheets of drywall in the hallway. I can't wait for him to get home tonight, because he's going to say something about them being there still. *rolling my eyes in advance*

I have decided that I really don't like my wireless connection right now. It's driving me absolutely insane. I've spent most of the day trying to upload something that needs to be in the store tonight so that it can be in the boutique on Thursday and my damn connection keeps timing out on me. All because my wireless connection is acting screwy today. It's better now, at least I'm up to 37% uploaded instead of the one or two percent that it was timing out on earlier.

I'm tired. And I'm boring today. I want to go to sleep but can't until this freakin frackin file uploads. Is it possible to choke a computer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh well if it's been there that long, another day won't be too bad:) No to one-up you on the wireless thing, but we were without ADSL for a week the other month and I had to use dial-up at the local library for email! that was really roughing it!