3.20.2008

Bunnies And Shots And Billy Bob Teeth

Evan and Dylan got shots yesterday. We're playing catch up, so Evan needed four and Dylan needed three. Dylan did great, until his last shot, and then he cried, which set Evan off. Poor Evan, he screamed through all of his. Dylan went back to school when we were done, but Evan missed school entirely, which he cried over. Cody's hit the point where he's starting to not want to go to school, but school is still fun for Evan and Dylan.

Evan's pre-k class has a class bunny named LuLu. LuLu is a boy bunny. They named LuLu before they knew what gender he was, hence the girly name. Today, Evan came home with a framed Easter picture of him and LuLu. His blue eyes just pop in this picture, which makes me wonder what camera his teacher has (note to self: ask the next time I see her). There's also a picture of Evan in this week's paper from the pre-k boot camp (family night, where the kids got to play and have fun). He's riding a bike, and just looks so happy in the picture.

And I posted about this in my last post, but I have pictures of Cody's latest gap. Last year, when all he wanted to do was lose teeth, he lost two. Now, he has four gaps in his mouth, which makes him look pretty funny.

He handed me his tooth and told me that I owed him money. I think that is what bothers me about this whole 'knowing the truth' thing. It's not that he knows, its that he gets a kick out of knowing while I just want him to go on believing in the tooth fairy and santa claus and the easter bunny. Plus, now that he knows the truth about one, will he still believe in the others? Am I going to have to include my 7 year old in hiding the easter eggs this year or am I going to have to include an eight year old in wrapping the santa presents?

So, my resolve to complete my current projects is going great so far. I started with the Noro socks, and while I've added new patterns to my queue at Ravelry, I have not started anything new. I've added a few inches to the leg of my Noro socks, and once I reach where the stripe pattern in the yarn repeats, it will be done and I can start the second sock. I'm hoping to have them done by Cody's birthday, but if I'm going to think realistically here, I'm such a slow knitter that it could be May before I finish them.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Ahhhh...welcome to the world of the gap-toothed smiles! I have many many pics like this one! Would love to see the picture with the bunny - I love spring bun buns!