3.15.2008

Picture Day!

Getting pictures off the camera and onto my laptop is a chore (only because I have to open up my laptop/knitting/carryall bag and dig out the cords. So, when I went to get pictures off the camera, I got a bunch. Pictures of Evan's pre-k boot camp, pictures of the lunar eclipse (they didn't turn out), pictures of the 4 wheeler with a car battery attached (some questions are better left unanswered), and some pictures from today.

Like this picture, taken earlier this week (I think it was Monday or Tuesday).



Or the picture on the right, taken today. (Yep, that's Rosie. She's turning into a little butterball, although it's hard to tell from this angle.)

Uploading my pictures this was does have it's advantages, though. There's always a surprise in there. It's almost like Christmas, in a way.

In case you couldn't tell, we had snow today. We also lost power for about a half hour, forty five minutes, which is funny, because we'll get 10 inches of snow and not lose power, and then get this little dusting that melted two hours later and lose power. Cody and Mike went bowling with Cub Scouts this afternoon, and then the boys and I went to the abelskiver supper at the church with my mom. I look forward to this supper every year.

Which leads to my doh! moment of the day. We find our seats in the fellowship hall (otherwise known as 'that big room downstairs where we hold church dinners'), and I proceed to pour myself a nice cup of coffee. There are two bowls sitting in front of me, one with sugar and one with what I thought was powdered creamer. I stirred my coffee while chatting with an old sunday school teacher of mine, took a sip of my coffee, and omg,it was horribly SALTY. I didn't put cream in my coffee, I put SALT in. Blech. I have since decided that at church dinners from now on, I will drink my coffee without cream (or salt).

The reason that I was pulling pictures from the camera was because I wanted to update my projects on Ravelry. Since I had to frog my first Noro sock, I wanted to put up a picture of what the new one looks like, and I've started a new, quick project: a dish scrubbie out of ugly sock yarn.


I really like how the Noro sock is turning out, but the stitch pattern is starting to get a little boring, hence the need for quickie projects like the scrubbie to kill time. I try to knit 2-3 rows on the sock a day, but it's still slow going.


The scrubbie is about half done, I should be able to finish the knitting and get it sewn up tomorrow. The pattern calls for a heavier weight yarn, so I'm playing with this right now. I think that I might have to make the next one a bit wider.

And, finally, a funny picture of Monkey, my insistent kitty.

He thinks that he's an outdoor cat. He's not. He tries to act like one, but his wimpiness shows through. He's actually climbed up my screen door in this picture, and he's about halfway up. Remember those Garfield suction cup dolls that people used to have in their cars back in the 80s? Yeah, that's my cat. Only he's hanging on my door.

Why is he hanging on my door? Because doofus ran outside when he shouldn't have, decided that it was too cold for his wimpy butt, and was begging to be let back in. Yeah- not before Mama got her camera, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You take the coolest photos! I'm still not certain where you've been the past year, but I'm glad you're back now!