3.18.2008

I Have A Confession To Make

I am a serial projecter starter (or would that be habitual project abandoner?).

I was just trying to figure out how many knit projects I've finished since I taught myself to knit back in November. Since then, I have finished...

  1. a pair of socks
  2. an iPod cozy
  3. a rolled brim hat for me
  4. a cabled hat for me
  5. and a hat for my niece.
So, five knit items, total. Right now I have two pairs of socks, a hat for Mike, that scrubby, and an apron on the needles. I spent some time tonight looking at more sock patterns, and filling my queue with more patterns at Ravelry.

It's not just knitting, either. I spent some time this afternoon reorganizing my scrap stuff. I had about 10 kit folders in my designer folder, and when I moved the stuff that I'm not really feeling right now, I was left with one kit (the one that I previewed last week). It's sad when your 'incomplete, might never be complete' folder has more folders than your 'completed and uploaded' folder.

About the only thing that I can finish is a layout, lol.

So, I have decided that I'm going to finish what I have in progress, or at least do something with the papers that I've made for those kits that I haven't finished. I giving myself until April 25th (my birthday) to finish or frog the knit projects that I have going. I resolve to not start something new (even when my Smooshy yarn gets here) until I have finished my Noro and Trekking socks.

As for the scrap stuff, I'm thinking that I should just package that stuff up and make a new freebie. I'm not releasing anything this week (too lazy today), but look for it next week. Oh, and be sure to stop by and visit on the 29th, because I have a nice, big surprise.

Cody lost another tooth last night. He no longer believes in the tooth fairy, which is kinda depressing. Two lost teeth ago, I screwed up. Big time. He lost the tooth, showed it to me, put it up, and then hid it, when I wasn't looking. I did the unthinkable.

I forgot. The next morning, he was in tears. When I asked him why, he told me that the tooth fairy, who used to leave dollar bills folded into various shapes, left him a PENNY. Apparently, when he hid the tooth, he hid it near a penny without realizing it. He was so broken up and depressed over it, I just had to tell him the truth. As soon as he heard that the tooth fairy was really mommy and daddy, he perked right up. But we have a deal. He will continue to get money for his lost teeth, because to stop now could ruin it for his brothers. But now, he is in on the secret and has fun with it.

And so far, he's been good about keeping it a secret.

The boys start spring break on Friday. Is it sad that I'm looking forward to their week long break because it means that I get to sleep in? I've been so tired lately, and right now, it's only a quarter after 7 and I'm ready to head for bed. And before anyone says it, NO I'm not pregnant, lol. This is entirely my fault, I'm tired because I can't seem to get into bed before midnight lately (which you think would be easy, since I'm so freaking tired all the time!). I'm hoping to get my sleep schedule turned around this week. It was nice at the beginning of the year, when I could get up at 6am and could take my time getting the boys ready for school in the morning.

No comments: