3.12.2008

Chicks With Sticks And Other Assorted Goodies

I haven't been around in wow, almost a year. Sorry about that. I've been trying to think over everything that I've done in the last year, and why is it that I know that I've been busy, but nothing important is coming to mind? Which leads me to...

Life, Among Other Things

Let's see, in a nutshell, the hubs has been promoted, the youngest started preschool, the middle one started kindergarten, and the oldest has discovered the wonders of XBOX and TONY HAWK. In fact, if I would let him, he would probably change his name to Tony Hawk Jr.

Mike's computer crashed multiple times, I lost everything once, and now I have my very own laptop that he's not allowed to touch.

My sister is moving to Texas, which means that my nephew is going to grow up with an adorable Texan accent. And he's going to think that his Aunt T has a funny Chicago accent (although I don't say 'da bears', lol).

My New Found Love

I taught myself to knit. Which is what I've been doing obsessively for the last few months. Right now, I'm working on a pair of socks using Noro yarn and an apron using some cheap yarn that I bought awhile back. I'm dying to finish the socks, because I need those needles in order to work on yet another pair that I've already purchased the yarn for. *sigh*

Digital Scrapbooking Stuff

And now, a preview of my latest kit...

I love how this kit turned out. To tell the truth, it shouldn't even be a kit, lol. I started out with this idea for a journaling box element pack, designed some papers to use for the journaling blocks, loved them, and just went on from there. I haven't had a lot of luck with designing kits lately, and have been sticking to what I like best (papers and elements sold separately).

This kit will be released tomorrow, 3/13, over at TDC.

*Edited 3/14: The kit has been released, and it can be found here!

What's even funnier about this whole kit thing is that I have yet another kit in the works, this one inspired by one of Cody's... oops, I mean Tony Hawk Jr's latest obsessions. I can't show you all of it, mostly because all of it doesn't exist yet, but I can give you a little taste of the kit...


Just a little preview, don't want to give away too much... In case you haven't figured it out, these are close ups of the five patterned papers that will be included in the kit. So far, there's those papers, plus six solids. And a lot of ideas, lol.

I've been working on layouts, too. I'm loving the realistic scanned look right now, and I'm always on the look out for designers with great stuff, because I'm terrible at extracting. Not to mention, I hate it with a passion. Especially since my Wacom died and I'm using a touchpad on my laptop right now.

I did make a score while cleaning out my dad's office awhile back. A few years back, my grandfather had issues with printers. He bought this all in one printer, and couldn't get it to work. He had thrown out the box, and couldn't return it, so bought a new one. I found it in a corner in my dad's office, and brought it home. It's really old, and I'm not even sure if I can find ink for it, but- the scanner works. With Vista, even. Not good enough for scanning items, but it works great for scanning doodles and such.

Tales From The Trenches

Also known as: What Fun Boys Can Be.

Cody was home 'sick' today (silly rule about being fever free for 24 hours before they'll allow him back in school), and he was bored. This afternoon, when I went to pick Dylan up from school, he decided to have a little fun. I came home to find a package, addressed to me, from an online yarn shop. First, I thought 'but that yarn came last week, and I haven't ordered anything else since then...' Then, I thought 'maybe they messed up, and sent me more yarn.' (I will admit to getting my hopes up on this one, even if it meant my having to pay for the mis-sent yarn.) Then I opened the package...

Inside, nestled among packing peanuts, was a Nerf dart gun.

Then it hit me. That box didn't come in the mail today, it came last week, holding the yarn that I had ordered. Yarn that was protected during shipping by packing peanuts. I'm a packrat when it comes to boxes. Love them, you never know when you might need on. So when this box first arrived, I placed it on a shelf in my kitchen, and forgot about it. Cody found it today, packed his brother's dart gun in it, taped it up, and set it on the front porch.

I'll admit that I was a bit disappointed, but then I realized what it really meant. Cody knows that I love it when a package arrives at our house, and he decided that I needed some cheering up. But ya know what?

He should have rethought that dart gun idea, because Mommy is a crack shot with the dart gun.

No comments: