3.23.2008

Happy Easter!

Mike asked me today what I plan on doing with three dozen colorful hard boiled eggs. I think that the answer is simple. Tomorrow, I'll go to the grocery store, get some mayo, some mustard, and some dill and make egg salad. I love egg salad. Especially on toast or Ritz. Yummy!

The boy had a ball coloring eggs. Cody took his time and was the last one to finish. Dylan tried to take his time, but the excitement was too much for him. Evan didn't even bother to take his time, he just went for it. I remember taking my time, mixing colors, getting creative. Not my boys, oh no. Only one color, per egg... until I showed them how to use the crayon to their advantage, how to make two and three color eggs, etc.

Dylan is the luckiest kid alive, I swear. Friday morning, I took the boys to Casey's to get donuts for breakfast. It was the first day of spring break, I thought it would be a nice thing for a lazy day. While there, we signed up for an easter basket raffle that they were having that day. Then, I promptly forgot all about it.


Around 2pm that afternoon, I'm cleaning, Cody is at Grandma's house, Dylan and Evan are playing, when the phone rings. The caller id says Casey's Takeout. Um, ok. I answered, and they ask for Dylan. I'm thinking 'why is Casey's calling for Dylan? Maybe this is a wrong number or something...' It still hadn't dawned on me that it was the raffle. I'm sure that the woman on the other end thought that I was a tad rude, because I had my leary, 'what do you want with my 5 year old?' tone of voice going. Then she says that magic words: 'easter basket raffle'. Yay! My tone changed, she gave me some information, and then we headed over to pick up his prize. His basket was one of those prefilled ones that you get from the dollar store or walmart. He won the sports themed one, which had a basketball and water bottle in it (this is why I don't buy the prefilled ones- I can spend less money and fill a basket with more/better stuff. but it's not bad to win one, ya know?).

So, there he is, hugging his prize. He insisted on taking the basket everywhere with him, including to the town easter egg hunt, but he decided that his basket handle was too big and he needed to use something smaller, so that he could move easier to get the eggs.

I call him lucky, because he helped Dad win a trophy at a car show, and when he goes fishing, the fish just come running and he always catches bunches of them.

No comments: