10.24.2005

Oh, My Aching Back!

I hurt all over. Today, we finished moving our stuff out of the apartment. In three hours- I cleaned and packed five rooms and three closets. Luckily (for me, anyway), Mike and his friend Ed loaded up the trailer. I'm not even upset about it. We've been in the new house for over a month (we've been putting off moving out of the apartment completely), so *this* is home and the apartment is just the place where we used to live.

I spent the morning working on a new kit that I'm hoping to have available for my debut at The Digi Chick. Oh, I'm so excited! This new kit- which will be titled "My Favorite Things"- is going to be sooo awesome! It has my favorite color (purple), my favorite patterns (dots, circles, paisleys, florals, stripes and argyle), and some of my favorite elements... Once I decide what those are. Definitely ribbon. Probably some rick rack, I'm even considering putting some brushes in. (And if you are looking for a preview- you'll just have to wait! As my five year old says, 'Nah, nah, neh, boo boo').

Oh! And before I forget, I have to tell you all about a conversation between Mike, my three year old, Dylan, and me.

Me, to Mike: I'm tired, my back hurts, my feet hurt, and this is the first thing that I've eaten today. So, I'm sorry if I'm a little cranky.
Dylan, to anyone in general: I cranky!
Me: I know, Dylly boy, I know.

Aside from all that, the only bad thing that happened today is that I lost the stone from the opal ring that my parents' bought me for my 21st birthday. I'm heartbroken over that- I haven't taken that ring off (except during the third trimester of each of my pregnancies) for over six years. My pinky finger feels naked without it. *Sigh*

No comments: