10.30.2005

Pumpkin Guts!

Yes! I just spent the last hour elbow deep in pumpkin guts! Well- ok, so I wasn't exactly 'elbow deep', luckily- my boys enjoy getting their hands all dirty like that. Cody and Evan were elbow deep in pumpkin guts- me? I was watching from the sidelines, camera in hand.
We had fun while doing it though, and that's the important part. Now, Cody wants me to roast him some of the seeds (blech- I don't like roasted pumpkin seeds). I will, once Evan goes to bed (in about ten minutes- thank God for small favors).

Oh- and yes, the pumpkin was painted before we carved it. so it has sunglasses on oneside and a carved out spider on the other. I'd have carved an unpainted pumpkin, but there's a problem when you wait until the day before halloween to buy your pumpkins.

The store sells out of them. Sooo- this is the only pumpkin that we'll have this year, which is fine by me, because guess who has to take the rotting things to the garbage? Yeah. Me.

And it's supposed to rain some time tomorrow, and I'd rather just deal with one small pumpkin than three water logged, rotting ones. And yes, I realize that I could avoid all this if I tossed the darn things the day after Halloween, but then again- anyone who mentions that obviously doesn't live with three little boys who think that Halloween is just the best holiday, EVER (outside of Christmas, of course).

Oh- and chances are, you won't have to face Darth Vader and his light saber, either.

No comments: