6.30.2005

I Don't Get...

I don't normally have a problem with threads like these, in fact, I think that they can actually be somewhat interesting- provided that they stay civil (I've seen some turn into nasty little bash fests- especially when it comes to digital scrapbooking).

After responding to one last night, and reading the rest of the responses this morning, I realized something. What I don't get is the need to bring this up. So what if you don't understand why someone uses hinges on a digital layout? So what if you don't understand the need for paper clips? Or bottle caps? Or ribbon? If you don't like them- don't use them. Plain and simple.

Really- life is too short to get all bent out of shape because someone uses a paper clip on a digital layout (guilty- I use them all the time), or a hinge, or- heaven forbid- fakes hidden journaling (been there, done that, love the way the layout turned out). Scrapbooking is about creating beautiful pages that show off our pictures. It can tell a story- but it doesn't have to.

Not everything included on a page needs to fit the story behind the photos. You don't have to do a layout about a trip to the zoo with animal prints, cartoon pictures of animals, and name it 'Where The Wild Things Are.' You can think outside the box.

I laugh at these threads, because life is too short to worry about what is in someone else's scrapbook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I was thinking the same thing....hence my own post tonight at my blog!