6.16.2005

Proud of Myself


I'm so proud... Posted by Hello

Yeah, I know. The title of this layout is a swear word, and I don't swear on my layouts (this is actually the first time that I've ever put anything questionable on a layout). I have an edited version posted in a gallery- but I'm going to be brave and post the real thing here, for all to see (well, all those who actually visit my little blog).

I really like this layout. It might not be something that I show my children at any point in the near future- it's probably something that they'll come across after I'm gone. I did this layout as an answer to a challenge. The challenge was to choose a song. I love this song- because it is ME.

It literally screams ME. I remember singing this at the top of my lungs, with my best friend. Driving down the road, this song blaring from the car stereo, just sing our hearts out. Heck, I still own this CD, and put it in from time to time, just to sing this song!

I think that what speaks to me is that we aren't all just one thing. It is so easy to forget that nobody is one dimensional. The rude person that you encountered at the grocery store today- at home, she's probably a warm and caring person. The sullen check out girl, with the piercings, purple hair, and black finger nails- maybe she's a straight A student. We are so quick to judge each other based on what we see.

I know that I'm going to be judged on this layout. I know that someone, somewhere is going to see it, and think 'how offensive!', and maybe my layout will be posted to some message board somewhere, and people who flock to the layout in question and rant and rave that language like that does not need to be included in a scrapbook.

Before that happens- let me just say this: get over yourselves and move on. It's not your book, it's mine. This is who I am, and if you are going to judge me based on one word, in one layout- that's not my loss. It's yours for not taking the time to get to know me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think its a great LO!! You are scrapping for yourself, so who cares if others are offended by it??