11.24.2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm feeling better today- although right now, I'm exhausted. It's been a really long day, and I have to wait until the washing machine is done before I can go to bed (gotta make sure that Mike has clean socks for tomorrow. Man, is he picky or what?).

I made a green bean casserole and crab rangoon this morning before heading over to my parents. We stuffed ourselves silly with turkey, ham, the stuff that I made, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, olives, stuffing- all the traditional Thanksgiving food. The boys played, Mom and I talked, Mike and Dad talked, we had fun.

After that, we headed over to the inlaws for dinner (or rather, rolled ourselves over there- we were that stuffed). More turkey, pumpkin pie, sweet potatoes, corn, stuffing, etc, etc, etc. I'm a beach ball! Look at me roll!

But- there's more. You see, when we got there, MIL had a little scavenger hunt planned for the boys. First up- they had to find a bag of clothes that were in her room, give them to Daddy, and have him put them in the car. Once he did that- then they could have their next clue.

Aunt Sam helped them read the next clue, which was to get 'magic quarters' from three people in the room (Grandpa Thomas, Grandma Thomas, and Aunt Sam). Then- they had to put the 'magic quarters' in the piggy bank in Grandma Vicky's room.

Where they found- another clue.






This clue led them to the closet in the living room, which led them to get their coats on.


From there, they were told to get a message from Aunt Sue's cell phone.







They were told to go out to the shed, and they would get their surprise out there. We all head outside and out back, in the shed we find...





Something behind the door...









Rosie!

Rosie is our Christmas puppy (that we got on Thanksgiving). She's a pedigree beagle- and such a cute little dog. Her full name is Triple Lee's Irish Rose. Dylan's decided that she is HIS DOGGIE and nobody can tell him any different. The boys love her- and she loves them. They played together a lot- running up and down the hallway, chasing each other.

We're home now- and she does not like riding in cars. Oh boy, does she HATE riding in cars! She whined, barked, and paced up and down in her little crate the entire ride home. She was perfectly fine once we stopped the car and let her out- she explored the house, and now she's back in her crate, sleeping.

She's really the sweetest dog- even if she is a bit... frisky. But that's ok- it means that she'll be able to keep up with the boys.

1 comment:

tracie said...

I have heard that a greenbean casserole is a staple at an American Thanksgiving table what is in it besides GreenBeans. I am really curious.

I wish the photo of the puppy would have loaded for me but it is a box with a red x in the middle. dang it. I love puppy photos.

have a great day