3.25.2006

I Survived!

Yes- I survived the birthday party.

The day started off headed for disaster- I woke up at 930! Since I needed to get to the farm by 1030, that left me with an hour to get myself and three kids dressed, as well as getting the car loaded. Ack- panic! But- we were dressed and the car loaded by 1030, which meant that I was only running 10 minutes late.

When we got there, my father (who is worse than a kid at Christmas, I swear) decided that before I had the car unpacked, before I had even started decorating, before the other guests had arrived... he was going to give Cody his birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa. I had to run to get in the garage (I knew what he was giving him and how he was going to do it), and my mother (who doesn't move very fast) had to hurry up and get in. We managed to do it (barely).

Dad gave Cody the garage door opener and told him that it was his present from him- meaning allowing him to open the garage door with the remote (Cody gets a kick out of this and always wants to push the button). Cody pushed the button... the garage door began to open...

Behind Door Number One- There's Gravedigger! Or a smaller, Power Wheels version of Gravedigger, at any rate.













Of course, we had to check Gravedigger out before we even got in.












The very first thing that he had to do once he actually sat in it was play with the buttons. It has music, the headlights are red (and do cool things), plus- the key is a skull.

For some odd reason, I didn't get any pictures of the decorating that I did. I had purple and green tableclothes, purple, green and black streamers, purple and green balloons, purple and green plates, cups, and silver ware... I'm just ecstatic because I never thought that I'd ever have a purple birthday party for my kids (and purple is my favorite color).

The kids arrived at noon (except for Jessie and Jasmine, they were there before we were). Cody took his friends from school out to see his Gravedigger, and I have pictures of all three of them riding it. They got cold quickly, and all three came inside to play. They ended up in Dad's office, where he has a projection television and watching Star Wars (or rather- Star Wars was playing while they wrestled on the floor). We had 9 kids, total- Jasmine (9), Jessie (8), Cody, his friends (both 6), Matthew (5- soon to be 6), Amanda (soon to be 4), Dylan (soon to be 4) and Evan (2). The kids played and watched movies and had fun. We had hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch, and then ate cake and ice cream.

Cody picked out a monster truck cake for his party. This cake was huge! We have over half of the cake left! We'll be eating cake for a week, lol.











Then came presents... And more presents... And more presents... Cody came home with- a cool 'cut away' style book on cars, two pop up playsets (that he's been asking for ever since he saw the commercial for them), three new outfits (he's wearing one in the picture), a tee ball set, a new baseball glove and baseball, the Gravedigger, a snap together model car, a remote control motorcycle, a remote control boat, some cool educational science experiment type toys from his Aunt Sue, a kite, a Leap Frog globe, and some coloring books (and I'm probably missing some things- oh well).

I have one more picture to share, and it's just because it's an awesome picture.

This was taken when they were outside playing with the remote control boat. Cody was very nice about sharing- he let everyone have a turn with the boat.

All in all- today was a good day. I'm tired, really need to clean my house, but I think that I'm going to put that off until tomorrow. At least I don't have to worry about school this week (Cody is off school for spring break), I'll be able to work non-stop at cleaning this house until it shines.

No comments: