4.16.2006

Egg Hunts, iPods, and Airbrushing

Yesterday, my parents and I took the boys to the local easter egg hunt at the local park. I hate going to this- have for years. Growing up, I hated it simply because it was highly unlikely that I would ever find an egg. Back then, I blamed the other kids- I thought them to be selfish, uncaring, and- most of all- unfair.

Now that I'm a parent and taking my kids to these things, I realize that it's not the kids that were being selfish, uncaring, and unfair.

It was the parents. It's amazing the number of parents who stand at the sidelines, or follow their kids around, pointing out all the eggs. Or how many people walk the grounds before the egg hunt, scoping for eggs and informing their children where to look. My younger two, they had a ball. They got two eggs each. But my oldest is disenchanted with the large town egg hunt already. It's frustrating for him, and I'm wondering how long before we won't go, at all.

Did I ever tell you that my father knows the Easter Bunny? Yep- he does. He used to travel a lot when my sister and I were little, and he used to say that he knew Santa Claus. I expanded it to where he knew the Easter Bunny, and told my boys last night that the Easter Bunny was planning a big surprise out at Grandma and Grandpa's. After Cody got home from church, we discovered that the surprise was an egg hunt! The boys had a ball- and Cody got so many eggs that we had to ask him to slow down so that Evan and Dylan had a chance to get some.

I got my iPod yesterday. I'm so happy. *Joys* Really not much more to it than that, just wanted to say... I got my iPod yesterday.

I needed to get a picture of myself with my mom today. I didn't tell her why or anything like that- just had Cody take a picture of the two of us. When I told her- she glared at me and asked me why I didn't give her any warning, she would have changed her shirt, brushed her hair, yadda yadda yadda. I just looked at her and told her 'that is what Photoshop is for.' Her eyes lit up- and she asked me if I would airbrush her, lol! So that's what I'm doing, right now. I'm 'fixing' us. Not that I think that we needed it, but because I had Cody take the picture. Let's just say that Cody's hand isn't all that steady and while we're recognizable, we're also too blurry. I'm having fun while doing it. We did get a great picture of the two of us- and I think that is the one that I'm going to use for this thing that we need it for.

1 comment:

Ange said...

Hi Tracey... I was just updating the links to the other TDC designers from my blog and happened upon yours! :) Thought I would say Hello! Enjoy your new IPOD! :) How exciting! :) - Ange