4.07.2006

Mommy Moments

This morning- I had a proud Mommy Moment.

It actually started last night. Dylan has still been wearing pull ups at night, as a 'just in case'. I usually put him in a pull up around 8pm, and he falls asleep shortly after.

Last night- I told him that it was time to put his pull up on, and he told me that he was going to use the potty, even though he was wearing a pull up. And he did. Twice (then he fell asleep).

I woke up this morning, and Dylan's first words to me were: 'Mommy, I nee unner wear.' (translation: Mommy, I need underwear.)

After the shock wore off, I went looking for clean underwear for him. I was so proud of him! No arguing! No fighting with me about this! No insistance that he's still little!

Yay! Yay! Yay!

So- that's the story of my proud Mommy Moment. Want to hear the story of my not so proud Mommy Moment?

Cody and Dylan got into an arguement this morning (ok- so they get into quite a few every morning). This morning's arguement was over cars or something. I'm at my computer, drinking my morning coffee, half listening to what is going on in the living room, when I hear

'I'm going to hit you!' Uh oh. Mommy radar goes off, and I go to the living room to see what's up. I told Cody that he is not allowed to hit his brothers- that he needs to find some other way of dealing with them. Cody claims that Dylan threw something at him. I explain that unless both they both tell me the truth, I can't punish for what I didn't see happen. Since I got two stories at once- I told them that the only punishment that I can give is to separate them- Cody at one end of the room, Dylan at the other.

I go to get Evan some milk. Mommy radar goes off when I hear Dylan screaming in the living room. I look in- I ask him what happened- he said 'Cody hurt me'. I told Cody that Dylan doesn't lie about being hurt, and I want to know what he did to hurt him. Cody threw something at him (most likely because I didn't do anything to hurt Dylan when he hurt Cody). So I told Cody that he is not allowed to hurt his brother, and I told Dylan that he is not allowed to hurt his brother.

I go back to pouring Evan his milk, and go grab a pair of socks for Mike (because the man can't dress himself in the morning- what on earth did he do before I married him???). Dylan brings his cup to the gate in the doorway of the kitchen and tells me, matter of factly, that Cody is no longer his brother and that he'd like some milk, please.

Poor kid. I tried explaining to him that he will always have his brothers- but he kept insisting that no, Cody is no longer his brother, because he says so.

*Sigh* Boys.

No comments: