4.23.2006

I Don't Scrap Anymore

I spend just as much time on my computer as I did before, I check out the galleries, visit TDC and Veggieville as often as I did before, I'm constantly changing the batteries in my camera, my hard drive is going to burst if I add just one more kit to my collection, Photoshop is always open, but I don't scrap anymore.

I'm obsessed with glitter, rhinestones, colors. I adore ribbons, worship at the First Church of Wacom, look at fashion magazines not for the clothes, but the patterns and colors of the clothes. I subscribe to Memory Makers, and flip through each new magazine the first time looking for digital layouts, and buy any magazine issue with the word 'Digital' in the title. But I don't scrap anymore.

My husband doesn't understand it. When he asks to see my recent layouts, he's confused. If I'm spending all this time on the computer, then I should be productive and have created a multitude of layouts. But I don't scrap anymore.

I giggle when I see something new. I take mental notes. I subscribe to sites where I can learn how to do things better. But I don't scrap anymore.

I have fallen into a trap, and can't get out. I'm always on the look out for interesting patterns, colors, textures. I'm always looking for the new, the unique, the different. The thing is- I don't want to get out of this trap. I'm happy being stuck here, even if I don't scrap anymore.

I'm a designer and I don't scrap anymore.

3 comments:

Ginger Thibodeau said...

Scrapping is still my first love -- mainly because I like to showoff my LOs of my DD lol. I do find myself scrapping less and less then I used to -- so I try to make a goal of at least one scrap a week.. but regardless, I know what you mean!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly whay you mean!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey that's why you have a CT call happening right?! So other ppl can create beautiful things for you - take the pressure off, free you up to design, design, design, KWIM?!