4.19.2006

He Did What?!?

I spent this afternoon cleaning up the fenced in part of our yard. I finally tossed all the junk that was back there (not including the boys' toys) that has been needing to go out with the trash for who knows how long. The good news is- the couch is finally (FINALLY) going away! Yay!

The tossing of the junk didn't take all that long. What took a long time was replacing all the bricks that the boys had somehow managed to pull up and move around the back yard. Years ago, my father had laid old bricks down to make a sort of patio back there. That's where the bricks came from- and today, that is where they returned. I'm not quite done yet- there's still some bricks that need to be replaced, and toys that need to be organized, but it feels good to actually be able to walk on my patio without tripping over something.

There is a tote sitting outside because my beautiful, wonderful, absolutely adorable child that I was praising for his potty training prowess did a very disgusting smelly thing with it.

For the last week or so, every time that I walked down the hallway, I was assaulted with the stench of urine. I blamed it on Rosie- and would put her in her crate if I happened to see a puddle on the floor. Then- today, while cleaning my hallway, I was putting toys in the totes that I keep in the hallway for that purpose. I filled up one tote, moved on to the next, filled that one, and moved on to the next. I went to put some toys inside it... and oh... Oh. My. God. I found where the stench was coming from.

The tote was nearly empty- it was holding hot wheels cars, legos, things about that size. They were swimming- yes, SWIMMING- in pee. Yuck. I picked the tote up and took it outside- tomorrow, the toys are going in the trash and I'm washing the tote out with bleach. It will now be their outdoor toy box. I go back inside, and continue to pick up toys. I then pick up a stuffed animal and it's soaked. I didn't even have to move it closer to my face to know what it was soaked in. Yuck, yuck, yuck. It went out in the trash. I had to go through the other totes to see if I put in anything that had pee on it- and also to see if there was pee in any of them. I found the toys (not many), took them outside to be taken care of, and proceeded to mop my hallway floor. Twice.

I asked Cody about it- he knows nothing. I asked Dylan about it- and my wonderful, beautiful, absolutely adorable child told me that he did it.

At least he was honest about it. When I asked him why, he calmly told me that he couldn't turn on the light in the bathroom, so he peed in the hallway. Oh my. I pointed out to him that at any time, he can ask Mommy or Daddy or Cody and we'd turn the light on for him. Let's hope that this is the last of my Hallway As A Bathroom episodes until it's Evan's turn to potty train. As for Rosie- she got extra cuddle time tonight and some of her favorite treats because I feel so bad that I blamed her for the puddles when it wasn't her at all (or at least, not all of them).

I'm trying to work on new kits- I really need to get my butt in gear, but lately- I've been too busy outside or trying to keep up with the mess inside or just wanting to sit and vegetate. Oh- and a new book doesn't help. I'm finally reading the Da Vinci Code. It's good- not what I expected, and it took a few chapters for me to get into it, but I like it.

I changed my template today, simply because I wanted to. I wanted a three column template and found one. Yeah, it's plain, but I can deal with that- for now. I still need to tweak it (I'm not liking the large font thing that's going on here), but it will work for now.

No comments: