4.14.2006

I'm Going For It...

I have bad luck with contests. I think it's the whole deadline thing. That- or it could have something to do with my 'I'm not going to spam for votes' thing. I tried it once and felt so... dirty.

Anyway- I'm entering a contest just for the fun of it. Hey- it means that I'm going to be challenged in some shape or form and I'll get to have fun. The contest is The Ultimate Digi-Scrapper. I'll admit that I'm liking the prize options here. They said the magic 'c' word- CASH.

Seriously though, as much as I'd like to win and be considered the Ultimate Digi-Scrapper, I'm not doing it for the prizes or the recognition. It's the challenge of it. We need more large contests like these- ones that make us think outside the box.

Since yesterday was such a nice day, we spent some time outside in the front yard. The boys 'helped' me with some yard work. I've decided that I'm no longer going to buy them toys. I'll just get each of them their own barrel of dirt. All three had a ball digging holes and burying toys and cars in this old barrel full of dirt that sits in our front yard. I'd like to plant something in it- but heck, they probably wouldn't be able to keep their hands out of it long enough for something to actually grow there.

My tulips are coming up. They have buds on them and will soon be blooming. I have huge gaps that need to be filled in- that's my goal for this year, to get more tulip bulbs planted so that instead of having a tulip here and a tulip there I have a nice row of them lining the planter in the front yard.

I'm looking for things to plant inside the planter. There's a lilac bush and two other bushes (can't remember what they are- will have to ask my mom) in there already and I'd like some nice ground cover and maybe a few other types of flowers. Rocking chairs are a must have for our front porch- I'd like to be able to sit out there on summer evenings.

No sign of my iPod or purse yet, so I am still stalking the mailman. Mike got his new monitor and mouse today, so he's now done stalking Mr Mailman. It will be nice when I don't have to race him to get to the mail first anymore.

No comments: