4.04.2006

Entitlement

I have this thing about people with entitlement issues.

I just don't like them. {Snip}

Ya know what? It's not worth it. I had this nice long post all written up and ready to go all about the issues that have been floating around a certain site with 'cherry' in the name and just decided to delete it. *Poof!* Not gonna go there, I'm moving on.

So- I'm going to talk about good stuff today. What I am going to talk about is my three year old and why he is entitled to hugs and kisses and Dum Dums and a trip to the park and a trip to a car show with Grandpa in a few weeks.

We've been potty training for the last week. It's. Been. Hell. He's so much like me, it's not even funny. I'm stubborn- he's about ten times worse. Oy vey. Yesterday, I finally figured out that it is a- pointless to argue with a three year old and b- pointless to give in to their demands. So- yesterday morning, I told him that I absolutely will not put a pull up on him. He has a choice- either wear underwear or go naked, but either way- he'll be using that potty.

He screamed. He stomped. He demanded. He did all that for THIRTY MINUTES. Finally- the screaming, stomping and demanding changed.

He wanted to wear underwear. So- we wore underwear. He used the potty all day long yesterday, only having one accident. He even pooped in the potty- without being asked! Yay Dylan!

So he's entitled to hugs and kisses, Dum Dums, a trip to the park, and a trip to a car show with Grandpa. Of course, we're not out of the woods yet- this morning we went through the same deal with the pull up versus underwear thing, but this time- he only screamed for 25 minutes. I'm still having him wear pull ups at night- I don't think he's ready for night training just yet.

1 comment:

Truly Blessed said...

Woo hoo! congrats! Doesn't it feel good to "win"? lol! Mine potty trained really quickly, too! ;)