4.21.2006

Introductions All Around

We have a guest today at our house. He loves zippers, zebras, and zinnias. He can be found in Zurich, and loves to zap things.

He is...

The letter Z! Cody's class has met all of their 'letter friends' at school, and today is their party celebrating the fact that they have met all twenty six letters of the alphabet. All the kids are dressing up as their favorite letter friends- Cody chose 'Z' because Z has a lot of zippers.

Now- I don't sew. What you don't see in this picture is the many safety pins that is holding the felt and zippers on his shirt. Cody helped me design the shirt- he chose where all the zippers went and I pinned them on. He's excited- as is the rest of his class. They've been talking all week about what letters they were going to be- he told me yesterday that his friends are going to be R, N, and D.

I'm kicking myself right now. Tomorrow, my parents are having a cook out for my birthday. A couple weeks ago, my mil asked me if we had any plans for this weekend. At the time, we didn't. So I told her that yes, she could take Cody for the weekend so that they could take him to the zoo with his cousin Matthew. I completely and totally forgot about it. So when my mom said that she was cooking out this weekend, I told her 'great!'

Oops. This is only a problem because of my neice. It's hard for her- with her sister being special needs, and my younger two being too young to have the same interests as Jessie, the only person that she really plays with is Cody. So now I'm kicking myself for not remembering that Cody was going with my mil. Ugh, ugh, ugh. I feel horrible about this. Note to self: write everything down as soon as you hear about it.

I need to get my butt in gear today and clean my house. At the very least, I need to get my kitchen clean. And I have to do laundry today. And my laundry has to be done before five, because that is when mil will be here to pick up Cody. Oh- and let's not forget that I have complete a kit today, so that I can upload it by Sunday and won't be home tomorrow. Oh- and on top of all this, I promised the boys that I'd let them play outside in the sandbox this afternoon. Mom bought four bags of sand for them, and it's killing them that they haven't been out in the sandbox to play in it (well- Evan has been, but only because he was the only one home at the time).

No comments: