4.05.2006

Taboo

I have the hardest time mixing and matching kits. I've never considered myself a perfectionist, but I have trouble with this.

The alphas are mixed and matched- taken from kits created by Holly McCaig, Shabby Princess, Jan Crowley, and Christie Putz (I'm hoping that I'm not forgetting anyone). I wanted a mix and match feel because, well- look at my bulletin board. It's not neat, it's not perfect, things overlap, things are hidden, it's just a collection of things that I've deemed 'bulletin board worthy'.

I've always wanted a bulletin board. I've wanted some place where I can post things that I need- like the note from Cody's soccer coach, explaining when the games are and what we're doing about practices.

Anyway- I'm looking at this layout and I'm just not entirely happy with it. It feels all mixed up to me- yet when I look at layouts that mix and match kits created by someone else, they look great. It's almost as if my mind is telling me that this is taboo- you can't mix and match things (even though I know that you can).

It's a beautiful day here. Sunny and bright, and I'm sitting inside on my computer. There's something wrong with this picture. This afternoon, I'm going to send the boys outside to play and I think that I'll take my pad of paper and camera and sit and watch them. Maybe I'll get some ideas for a new kit.

Did I tell you that I'm blocked? I'm thinking that part of it is because I've ordered a new Dover book and I'm stalking the mailman waiting for it. I got an email stating that it should be there anytime between today and Saturday- I'm hoping for today. The other part is that it's been so nice outside, and I want to just go outside and play with the boys.

On the potty training front- we're down to 20 minutes of temper tantrum before he finally gives in and puts his underwear on.

Dylan is now telling me that he's 'rich' because he has a 'dollar'. Yesterday, I got in the mail one of those 'sign up for American Express' deals. Inside it- there was a magnet in the shape of an American Express card. Dylan's calling this his 'dollar'. He's been carrying it all over the house, and gets upset when he loses it. He's so cute. Note to self: get pictures of him with his 'dollar'.

Yesterday, I took the kids to the park. The one closest to us is just a small part- a swingset, merry go round, and jungle gym. Nothing big, nothing fancy. My only problem with this park is that the slide is very high up. I have no problems letting Cody and Dylan go up and down the slide- but it makes me nervous because slides are Evan's favorite part of the park. He wants to climb up the ladder, and I'm terrified that he'll fall off. I let him climb up it once- and he got up there and went down the slide face first on his belly. It was scary! For me! He cried because his face ended up in the rocks (he wasn't hurt), but then he wanted to do it again. We had to compromise and I would set him on the slide about halfway up and let him go down it.

No comments: